Friday, October 29, 2010

Week 9

Last week during my field experience we were helping the kids write personal narratives. Each student was given small pieces of paper which started with a sentence "When I was 2 I...", "When I was 3 I..." and so on, and so on. It was my job to revise their finished sentences. I LOVED reading each and every one. Here is a memorable one...

"When I was 3 I like to put one end of my sock in my mouth and play tug-a-war with my granddad."

These kids never fail to make me laugh! I really enjoyed revising their sentences and helping them write their personal narratives. Also during the day, we had a code red drill. It was really hard to get a class of 1st graders to squeeze together in a small corner and have all of them be quiet. I could see how just a short drill like this could cause stress and tension among the classroom. To help them quiet down, my cooperating teacher read from a Ramona chapter book they have been reading together in their spare time.

Overall, I had a good day at my field experience. I am really learning more and more about the kids in the classroom through their writing. I wish I had more time to get to know them!

No comments:

Post a Comment