Thursday, October 7, 2010

Week 6: Multigenre Research Paper

This week in class we focused on our Multigenre research paper. I wasn't sure about what I wanted to do at first, but yesterday's class really helped. I decided to do my multi-genre research paper on Steve Prefontaine, a famous athlete of the 1970's. He is someone I have known about and idolized as a high school athlete but I would like to learn more about his life. During class, we did an exercise with writing questions on post-it notes. We then divided the post-its into the categories "Need to Know", "Nice to Know", and "Essential." These really helped me with starting my rough draft paper since I already knew what I had to research. While researching Prefontaine, I was able to focus on coming up with genre ideas for my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment