Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Week 7

In class today, we worked on our Multigenre research papers. After writing our drafts for homework, we were able to have a peer conference with another person. Jenn and I teamed up and read our papers to each other. We were both able to give each other good suggestions. Afterward, Linda gave us newspapers to look through and asked us to find some genres. WOW! I haven't even thought about all of the possible genres in a newspaper. Basically, no genre is left out! There were even some genres that I have never even thought about before. Doing this activity realllly helped me understand what kinds of genres we could use for our papers. This could be a really great activity that I could use in my classroom as a future teacher. After that, we were asked to pick a genre that talked about from the newspaper and create one with our partner. Abby and I worked together on this because our papers both were on sports. Naturally, we wrote a sports article together. After today, I am really excited about getting started on my multigenre paper and to make use of the resources we were provided. I really like www.prezi.com. It looked like a really cool tool to use for this type of project. Overall, after this class I'm starting to feel pretty confident in my multigenre research paper.

2 comments:

  1. The newspaper hunt is enlightening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way! I didn't know that there were that many genre pieces to choose from! This made my project experience a lot more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete